Sunday, July 18, 2010

CMC Festivities

I've been in India over a week now.  Apparently I came at the perfect time, because this week marked the biggest event of the year for Christian Medical College: Pegasus, a 4-day festival of sports, music, food, and dance.  Medical students from all over south India come to participate, and lots of the doctors at CMC hospital join in, since many of them are CMC alumni.  Highlights of the festival:

A dance competition featuring a professional group from Chennai during the interludes

An intercollegiate cricket tournament - I'm still not entirely sure I understand the rules of the game, but essentially it's just really messed-up baseball.

"American-style sweet corn" with my new American friends (it wasn't bad!)

A final concert featuring blues and rock from unexpectedly good bands from Chennai - reminded me a little of Down by the Riverside concerts back home

No comments:

Post a Comment