Sunday, June 20, 2010

Who Goes to a Wedding...

...without taking any pictures?  Apparently I do.  I had the pleasure of participating in my cousin, Jessica's, wedding this past weekend in Alexandria, VA.  It was so beautiful!  Jess looked stunning, and clearly Will thought so too by the look on his face the entire service.  The two of them had a beautiful wedding and seemed incredibly happy.

As for me, I had a great time seeing family, many of whom I haven't seen in several years.  Also, I was able to meet many of Jess and Will's friends from the Academy, high school, etc.  Of course, there was much good food and drink throughout the weekend.

Travel?  Well, it was a bit tiring.  On Friday morning I needed to catch the 6:30 bus so that I could make my morning train to D.C.  Then on Saturday night, taking the train and then a cab, I didn't arrive back at my apartment until nearly 1:30 a.m.  Finishing up last-minute packing, I didn't get to bed until 2:30 a.m., only to get up four hours later for church and to catch a cab to the airport.  And now...Texas!  I have arrived in San Antonio, picked up the ugliest rental car in the world (pictures later), and driven to Brooks City-Base, where we will have 2 weeks of Aerospace Medicine Primary 101.  Even though I have very little idea what we will be learning or even what the schedule will be like, I can already say that I'm loving the perks of being an officer: each of us has our own suite -- living room, bathroom, bedroom.  With 2 TVs.  It's nicer than my apartment in the Bronx...I can live with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment