Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home in Minnesota

As usual, I am short on time.  Here are some highlights (and pictures) of my 6 days at home this summer:

To make things easier yet slightly more travel-intensive than usual, I stayed the first few nights in St. Paul with Heidi and Kate.

Heidi, as usual, went out of her way to make me feel at home.

A large group of us went to see the Twins vs. Royals game on Thursday night.  On our way to Target Field, we ran into a Target Corporate employee.

We literally ran into him on the street.  It wasn't planned.

The new field was beautiful.  It seemed like a fitting home for our team.

It wasn't a bad night, either -- just a little bit of rain for 2 innings or so.

After a disappointing first half of the game, the Twins suddenly turned on the heat.  It looked as if they would pull an upset...but alas, the Royals held them off, winning the game 9-8.

It's okay.  We're still fans.

The rest of the week was filled with meeting friends all over the place.  India classmates for brunch in Minneapolis, high school friends in Rochester for coffee, drinks, dinners, you name it, and college friends for ice cream.  Despite it being rainy every day except the last, I thoroughly enjoyed just being at home.  Even running in my neighborhood felt more exciting than it should (although I suppose it's no stretch to understand that I might enjoy running in Rochester more than the Bronx).  Six days after arriving, I left again.  It was too short, but there was really no choice: tomorrow I leave for Jess's wedding, and then on Sunday I will fly to San Antonio for Air Force training.  Today, understandably, has been filled with packing and not much else.  Yes, it's busy, but the excitement is certainly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment