Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Coffee Table Is a Blank Slate

Yesterday, as I was waiting for movers (who ended up being almost exactly 5 HOURS LATE) to help me get furniture from a relative moving away from Manhattan, I decided to meander along Broadway in the Upper West Side. Other than getting a fantastic panini and cappuccino for dinner, the highlight for me was wandering around a Barnes and Noble that I happened to find along the way. I love Barnes and Noble -- it always smells like new books. Also, I'm always a sucker for their bargain-priced selections. Now that I have a sofa and a coffee table, I decided to buy a coffee table book. Milestones of Aviation will provide many hours of entertaining history (along with lots and lots of pictures), and hopefully I'll be able to tell the difference between F-86, C-135, and B-52 aircraft (to mention a few) by the time I'm done...after all, I don't want to look like a total fool when people find out I'm in the Air Force and start asking complicated questions about flying machines I've never heard of. Also, I caved in and bought Newsweek (so expensive on the rack!). It was impossible to resist the single large title word, "ALIENS." Yes, I know I'm a huge nerd.

So here's a question: How am I supposed to stay focused on my class reading when these gems are tempting me? Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. MICHELLE!!!!! I love reading your blog too because I too can hear your voice and it too makes me soooo happy. (wow, that's a lot of toos). I wish so badly I could be there with you to see your little mischievous expression when you found that Newsweek magazine. Unreal. You are too cool to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that Newsweek. If I remember correctly, they had only a paragraph or something about ALIENS. I was very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! That is soooo lame. Well, at least the cover was snazzy.

    ReplyDelete