Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Glorious Food

I couldn't resist. In my previous post, I noted the giddy trip we took to a local Italian bakery. Now I feel obligated to share the glorious splendor of our meal and dessert.

For dinner, we had Laura's amazing concoction of peppers, onions, corn, and beans over whole wheat couscous and topped with avocados. This was accompanied by Allison's beautiful salad (not pictured) as well as my fresh green beans and carrots with hummus.

Lots of vegetables to make up for the dessert that would follow...

Next came dessert, which Joanne and I were very proud of. I already described it, with the exception of the delicious crisps that Allison provided. See it for yourself.

Cinnamon-sugar bakery crisps, cappuccino gelato, chocolate cannoli, and tiramisu

How can you feel anything but blissful after a dessert like this?

I think we're going to try to do meals together regularly. It sounds perfect to me.

2 comments:

  1. This post needs more details about storage. I find storage captivating.

    Anyway, sounds really fun so far. If I suddenly gets lots of money, like selling a screenplay, I'm going to come out to New York to visit. Not visit you, just visit New York. You stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of like when I visited Chicago and just HAPPENED to have lunch with you. Gross.

    ReplyDelete