Sunday, September 19, 2010

That Other Team

I like baseball.  I even like it when teams I don't care about play inconsequential games in the rain.  After a brief tornado (possibly) whipped through Queens last Thursday, the Mets played the Pirates at Citi Field with only a 10-minute game delay.

Pretty field.  Great seats.

The Mets are no threat to...well...any team.  The Pirates are currently the worst team in America.  So why would I go to this game?  Because it was free.  Einstein has GOOD season tickets which it gives out to students for every home game.  I won the pair of tickets for Thursday's game, so Cat and I braved the rain and had an enjoyable night of baseball.

And burgers.

And what do you know...the Mets won!  No surprise, really, but it was still fun to be cheering for the winning team.  It was also fun to hear everyone cheering when the announcement came on that the 7 subway would, in fact, be running.  (Apparently it was flooded by the tornado...or something like that.)

A classmate let us borrow some of his hats.  Thank goodness, because Cat and I certainly don't have any Mets gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment