Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring

Spring came a week early. For 5 days straight, New York was blessed with clear skies, abundant sunshine, and warm breezes. Perhaps we deserved it after that ridiculously destructive (as far as the apartments are concerned) storm the previous weekend. Every afternoon, after classes were done, my classmates could be found playing frisbee, throwing footballs, reading books, playing guitar (or, in my case, ukulele), and basking in the sweet sunshine. I'm not being entirely honest. Sometimes it was during classtime, not afterwards. (Did I skip class? Well...maybe...but it was so warm! And so beautiful! And it was a 2-hour-long class on statistics, which I already knew! And it was the only class I've ever voluntarily skipped! Well, I take that back. I did once skip Astronomy to buy combat boots. But I digress...)

Saturday was the nicest of them all: 70 degrees and absolutely clear skies. I took my studying materials to Central Park and then failed to study for most of the afternoon. Instead, I enjoyed the sights. There will always be rainy days for studying.

Central Park was crowded with people happy to finally come out of their winter lairs.

Good to know the bees are hard at work already.

Nothing says spring like daffodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment