Monday, June 13, 2011

Real Life

Over the next few days I will be trying to recap the amazing 15 days of our 3,929-mile road trip down South.  Maybe a picture or two will highlight each of the many cities (and non-cities) we saw throughout the trip.  Tonight, however, my mind is on one thing:

I am now officially a third-year medical student.  I am a clinical clerk.  I am no longer a regular student, someone who sits and listens and learns.  I am now a member of a team responsible for the care of real patients.  Tomorrow, I report for my first day at Bronx Psychiatric Center, where there will be anyone from the severely depressed to the severely psychotic.  Yes, it's nerve-wracking, but I can't wait to learn.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it went well Michelle! I am sure that you will learn a lot and love getting to move around instead of sitting in the classroom-plus it will be so rewarding to work with real people instead of spending all our time with textbooks :)

    ReplyDelete