Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fear and/or Sanity

A recap of my Halloween weekend in D.C.

Rachel and I dressed up for the Stewart/Colbert rally. 

By the time we got there, it was already incredibly crowded.  We couldn't see the stage from where we were standing.  We had this (somewhat obstructed) view of one of the big screens, though. 

Some people decided to get a better view from the top of an ambulance.  (How, exactly, is this legal??) 

This guy had a better idea.  Probably the best view from near us.  I have to admit I was slightly jealous. 

Some people had some hilarious signs. 

Love the irony 

This one, though, was my favorite.

After the rally was over, we simply stood and watched the crowd leave the Mall.  It was this crowded for at least 30 minutes.  And imagine...this is only one tiny portion of the crowd from the Mall.

After the crowds had (relatively) dispersed, we went back to take a look at the stage. 

And we asked someone to take a photo of us with my camera.  I lost count of how many people stopped us to take pictures with their cameras. 

Taking advantage of my politically themed costume, we had fun taking photos around the city. 

A fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment