Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Loratadine

Spring is great. Flowers are pretty. Leaves look nice. Warm weather feels good. I love the changing seasons...and in the past, I've never had any reason to dread them. I'm happy and comfortable in my beautiful home state of Minnesota. I'm also willing to concede that New York can be beautiful, too.

Beautiful...but with a hidden foe.

I've never had allergies before. All that playing in the mud had apparently paid off in my lack of inappropriate immunosensitivity...until I moved to a new state. New York, you're great, but I'm allergic to you. I'm sorry, but I can't love you anymore. You've made me dependent on daily medication, and for that, I resent you. Just look at the evidence:

I don't appreciate expending extra effort to open my eyes against your evil edema...

So thank goodness for self-diagnosis and loratadine...a blessing and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment