Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vermontiness

I had an opportunity to get to know more of my classmates better this past weekend: it was the annual Einstein ski trip. Every year, interested first- and second-year students choose a nearby ski resort and spend a weekend away from school, away from the Bronx, away from studying, away from the city, away from the normal grind. This year, we went to Killington, which it one of the biggest resorts in the Northeast, located in central Vermont. The skiing was better (and bigger!) than anything I've ever done before (and also my first time skiing outside of Minnesota), and the opportunities to get to know more of my classmates outside of school was more than welcome. Some highlights from the weekend:

Vermont trees, snow, and mountains

A fun day of skiing with Michelle and Eman

After a long, tiring day of skiing, we had a delicious lasagna dinner...

...and then got "tight and bright" for a party with our classmates.

The second-years had always been telling us that the ski trip would be the highlight of our year. Now I can see why. It was the one time that I've been with classmates and school hasn't come up in our conversations at all. And that was refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment