Sunday, November 29, 2009

Piano: Some Assembly Required

I've been seriously deprived of music in the past 3 months. The ukulele has been great, but it doesn't quite cut it when you're used to having a piano around. In a drastic move to provide myself with even more ability to procrastinate, I bought a piano. Actually, it's a keyboard (because honestly, I don't think my roommates would enjoy me banging away on a real-life piano), but it's as close in look and feel to a real piano as a keyboard can be, as far as I'm concerned. Dealing with Fed-Ex was, shall we say, interesting, but in the end, I ended up with a very large, very heavy box in my apartment just under a week after purchasing the keyboard in Manhattan.

It's a good thing I had to build all of my furniture, because otherwise I might have freaked out when I realized that I actually had to put together the keyboard with nuts, bolts, screws, and even a knob on the pedals.

With the exception of the part with the actual keys (which was fantastically heavy and bulky and impossible to move on my own without serious risk to a very expensive investment), I was able to build the rest of the keyboard myself. Cat graciously visited the apartment and helped me lift the keys onto the base. Voila! I now have a keyboard! Let the procrastination begin!

And the decoration. The keyboard is the perfect place for a mini Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment